2012 Fantasy Baseball Catcher Rankings Posted
Ask and ye shall receive. Last night we completed, published, and released to the Twitterverse our first official 2012 ranking of fantasy baseball catchers. Check them out by clicking the link below.
Top 25 catcher rankings for 2012
To quickly summarize them…
- There’s a new no. 1 in town for 2012 – Indians backstop Carlos Santana (deserved)
- Since V-Mart is going to be out for the year… he’s not anywhere to be found (makes sense)
- Joe Mauer took a dive. After 3 seasons at no. 1 – we have him no. 8 heading into 2012.
- Jesus Montero of the Mariners is the new kid on the block – we have him at no. 9.
- In most mixed leagues where you only have 1 catcher, the only “sleepers” you should really have to worry come draft time are ranked nos. 13 to 17, and they are:
- Wilson Ramos
- J.P. Arencibia
- Kurt Suzuki
- Carlos Ruiz
- Chris Iannetta
- after these guys, we think it’s safe to say you’ll only get what you pay for.
More rankings to come… but we had to start somewhere. Figured it might as well be at the backstop.
Have you reviewed our catcher rankings? What’s your take? Let us know in the comments below.