Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Baseball?
Baseball history goes back as far as you are willing to chase it. Bat and ball games can be traced to ancient Egypt and 18th century England – and to a cow pasture in Cooperstown, New York, for those who like their baseball tales told tall. But no matter where or when the very first version of baseball was played, every game since has been both utterly different and remarkably the same, uniting fans and making it one of the most beloved pastimes in history.
In Baseball Miscellany, readers will find fascinating and unexpected answers to twenty-seven miscellaneous questions (the same number as there are outs required for a nine-inning win!) about their favorite game, such as:
- How does a curveball curve?
- Who wrote “Take Me Out to the Ballgame”?
- Why don’t all teams have player names on the backs of their uniforms?
- Why is there ivy on the walls at Wrigley Field?
- Why do baseball players wear stirrup socks?
- Who invented the catcher’s mask?
- What Major league team passed up on signing eighteen-year-old Willie Mays in 1949?
And much, much more! Pre-Order Baseball Miscellany on Amazon.com
For the answers to these and many other questions you may never have even realized you didn’t know the answers to, you’ll have to look inside. The fascinating history and lore of our national pastime is finally revealed!
Baseball Miscellany demystifies the origins and customs of America’s most celebrated game; from Spring Training through the World Series, you’ll be entertained with fun, little-known facts.
Settle into your favorite arm chair, grab some peanuts or Cracker Jacks, and find out the become an expert on all things related to baseball. Batter up!